Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas too soon?

Where does the time go! Christmas is in 47 days! Yes, I can see how it can be appealing to get things ready for Christmas once Halloween is over. I'm all excited for it but I find if I do it too early then after a while I get tired of it and can't wait for it all to be over. So I have a rule in our house...no decorating for Christmas till after Remembrance Day. I have many family and friends in the military who have been in wars...most have surivived but I have lost family unfortunately to war. So in my family Remembrance Day is important and I try to take time to remember them all.
But...doesn't mean I can't plan and prepare. I've started baking extra banana loaves already and have bought Christmas presents. Preparing I find helps me not get too frazzled when it gets closer to Christmas...pacing is a good thing. I need to because once Christmas is over, a week later is my daughter's birthday so that also needs to be kept in mind as I prepare for the holiday season.
I've started seeing Christmas commercials on tv whether it's for candles or toys to which I always hear from my youngest, "I want that!" LOL! Yeah, no."
I have decided to try and do something about Advent...the weeks leading up to Christmas so we will see if I can find anything online to help.
I was recently hired casual so it's a little pocket money that will help. That reminds me...I should write a Christmas card list so I can figure out how much I'll need to buy for stamps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment