Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting closer

The days are starting to remind me that Christmas is getting closer...the temperature is dropping so it has caused me to start getting the sweaters out and the winter clothes washed and checked to see if they still fit the kids or if they are too worn or old that they can't be worn anymore. I'll have to get my three kids all new winter boots as they are growing so fast.
I've been working on my Christmas list and started buying gifts little by little. I've been going through my elf binder and rewriting my list of things they will be doing this year and should start writing a list to send out Christmas cards. This year it will be a lot less. As much as I love to send out Christmas cards it can be expensive if I go overboard. LOL!
When I was looking at the Halloween decorations in Walmart I saw they were already starting to put the Christmas things out on shelves. I imagine they will be full of Christmas stuff a week after Halloween is over. I haven't seen any Christmas commercials on the tv yet but the commericals for toys has been in full swing for the past month and I am constantly hearing from my youngest, "I want that!" I am constantly trying to teach my kids it's not about the gifts but...I don't know if I'm getting through to them at all. But I'll keep trying and maybe one year they will surprise me eh?

1 comment:

  1. We don't really celebrate Halloween over here in Australia so the shops are already decorated for Christmas...I am so excited!

    Only 60 days to go!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete