Monday, November 22, 2010

Catching up

Since my last post alot has happened and I've neglected to post on any of my blogs. I won't go into what has gone on but I will say that my spirits have been deflated. Here in Canada we had our Thanksgiving last month so seeing Christmas is starting to come out in full force and I'm already wishing it was over. Doesn't normally sound like me but there it is.
I've been going through the motions right now. We've decorated and put the tree up and the kids elves will be coming at the end of the month. They will arrive with Christmas socks for each of them. I'll have to work out what they will do for the month of December.
My oldest who is 10 has figured out about Santa so it will be interesting to see how his Christmas will be. I'm hoping that despite knowing the truth about Santa it will still be a magical time for him.
This Friday is the city's Santa Claus Parade with activities at the arena near my house. (only a block away) They will have hot dogs, hot chocolate, hay rides as well as Santa and his reindeer there too. (yes, they are real reindeer!)
I'm hoping that going through the motions and trying to get through this holiday season will help bring back some of the magic I would feel in years past. Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you are feeling down. I hope your Christmas spirit returns soon.

    ReplyDelete